Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

RESTAURANTS IN MADRID: LATERAL

Where: There are 4 LATERAL restaurants in Madrid, I tried 2 of them: Calle Velazqez 57, and Plaza Santa Ana.

Food: 5/5
Almost the best Tapas I had in Madrid at a reasonable price. The plates are tasty, with a slice of fusion and very nice mixtures. I particularly enjoy the Jamon, Tomato, Mozarella salad.
Place: 3/5 (santa ana) 4/5 (Velazqez)
Plaza Santa Ana restaurant looks more like a Cantine place, whereas the ambiance of Velazqez is much more trendy.
Service: 1/5
Yes, I know, I'm a bit severe here, but I just can't stand it waiting for an hour to get a table, with no possibility to book in advance. Popularity is the price of success, when it's dealt this way. Just because of that, I'm searching for a new place to enjoy Tapas.
Price: 4/5
Below 20 EUR including 2 or 3 drinks. Considering the food quality served.

Overall Grade: 3/5, without the horrible welcome and waiting time, it would normaly be a 4/5.

2 comments:

  1. you'll have to tell me which tapas to get...i don't know what it is, but i just can't get into tapas or pinchos (pintxos). some of them are ok, but i would much rather have a (well made) doner kebab over tapas. dramatic, i know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-D
    I love the Solomio con foie o Mostaza; reminds me of France,...and it's as light as the Kebab ;-)

    ReplyDelete